Wednesday 12 October 2016

History of Image

  Basically, this lecture was mainly focused on introducing us to a broad range of visual communication from different cultures, contexts, and epochs, also to demonstrate how creative and tangential connections and continuities can be traced between these diverse examples. I really like one image from this lecture.

  This is the Barack Obama "Hope" poster, I thought this poster is very interesting, it just used few colours which are quite simple, I like the tone from light blue to light red, it seems hopeful. I did some research about this poster. This poster was designed by Shepard Fairey and described as iconic and came to represent his 2008 presidential campaign. It consists of a stylised stencil portrait of Obama in solid red, beige and (light and dark) blue, with the word "progress", "hope". I found lots of posters which inspired by the "Hope" poster, it seems very famous over the world. I am thinking if I can make something like this or not by using that simple typeface and tone of colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment