Wednesday 12 April 2017

Studio brief 2 Outcome



  This is my final outcome, I really like this pictogram, it looks simple but I can know it is about “Speed”. As I said before, the reason that I choose to redesign the Fedex logo is because I want everyone can read or understand very easily. In my final design, I just kept the Fedex orange and purple as this was my classmates suggestion and the result was quite good. The biggest reason that I really like this pictogram is because the gap between the arrow was really funny, this idea was inspired by the DHL logo, I used the gap to create the upper case “F” which represent Fedex, it makes people easier to recognise Fedex.
  As I mentioned in my critical writing, Amazon and Google become success because of their simple logo designs which made people feel easy to recognise. Therefore, it was my focus point when I designed this pictogram, I have to make it as simple as I can so that people can read easier. Also, the other reason that they became success was because they gave trust to people. Hence, I didn’t decorate my pictogram that much because I thought if I over elaborate the pictogram, people may not trust my company as the pictogram doesn’t look serious. Moreover, when I did the research about the E-bay logo in my critical writing, I found that they just used maximum four colours in their logo which helps to keep the simple style. Actually, I could fill in the gap between the arrow with any colour but I didn’t do that because I thought keep it in white as I wanted to keep simple and it is the colour of perfection which helps to promote a strong image to people and make them trust our brand.
  Overall, I feel happy with the outcome in the project, it look effective. Before I did the research about the Fedex company, I didn’t know that there is an arrow in their logo between the “E” and “x” so I felt really surprise in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment