Tuesday 11 April 2017

Studio brief 2 - Pitching your ides / further developments

Transform my sketched ideas to digital:
At the beginning, I used my sketched ideas at the starting point, I picked some of my favourites and made them into digital with black and white first, I mainly picked those ideas with an arrow because after the group crit, most people agreed that those ideas with the arrow are the best. I really like the one that some lines behind the arrow, I think it looks the most effective but the simplest. Therefore, I tried different scale on that design, I like the one with the balanced size, it looks the best compare with others.

Digital development:
  Since I got a basic idea about how my pictogram would look like, I made them into black and white first. However, during the crit, people suggested me not to change any colours which means keep using Fedex orange and purple. I tried to use lines with the arrow and created the “F” which represents “Fedex”. However, I think it doesn’t look good enough. Therefore, I tried to just use lines to make the arrow but I got the same result, the outcome doesn’t look strong. As colour is one of my concern so It is really import to apply a good colour, due to the fact that my classmates asked me to keep the original colours (orange and purple) and I wanted to make more interesting so I created a gradient colour with orange and purple, it looks quite well. Meanwhile, one of my design was inspired by the DHL logo which is the bottom purple one, I left some empty space in the arrow and formed like the upper case “F”, I really like that idea which is very amazing. 
Final design development:
  I choose to develop this design because I thought it was the most success and looks most effective so that it would be easier to attract customers. However, it doesn’t look strong enough. Therefore,  I thought about the feedback from the crit, some people suggested that I could look at competitor’s design, actually, I really like the DHL logo, the lines represent the speed. As being a delivery company, speed and trust are the most concern when people deciding to choose which company. Hence, I tried to put some lines behind the arrow. It looks quite good and I can know it means “quick” and “fast”. I tried to put some lines after the arrow, however, the result was not good as the first one. Therefore, I just came with the first idea as my final design. 

Mock Ups:
  Since I made my final design, I did some simple mock-up to show how will my pictogram works. As Fedex is a delivery company, I made the box of shipping and the fedex shipping label.
Fedex delivery box
Fedex delivery box

Fedex delivery box
Fedex delivery label

No comments:

Post a Comment