Saturday 15 December 2018

Idea development

Since I changed my idea to produce a typographic guide, I started to collect examples as many as I can to get inspiration on how to edit the characters. First of all, I know that traditional Chinese characters also named as "Hanja" and "Kanji", which also using in Korea and Japan. However,  most of the young people don't use in their daily life especially Korean, also, there may have tiny difference on the characters. Hence, I was thinking I can compare the differences and then create a new design from that. Therefore, I asked some of my Japanese and Korean friends to help me to write some selected traditional Chinese characters and I can use the differences and form the design and then I sketched some quick ideas.








Since I got those basic ideas, I started to development them by those possible categories digitally, the outcomes are exactly what I wanted. For example, using English letters, geometric shapes, cursive strokes and hand writing, etc. At last, I selected five traditional Chinese characters randomly including "香", "港", "設", "計", "商" and then did some examples on how these categories can work on different characters in order to produce a typographic guide book.











No comments:

Post a Comment