Monday 23 April 2018

Project statement

  In my essay, I talked about the structure of Traditional Chinese characters, how did the traditional Chinese transformed to the one people use nowadays, etc. Moreover, the differences between Traditional Chinese and English characters. I read a lot of article about the history, theory, structure about writing traditional Chinese and how it influenced to the graphic design in HongKong nowadays. Therefore, in my practical project, I redesigned an international branding logo that have department stores in HongKong which can make more unique to foreigners or even local people.
  I found that having Traditional Chinese in the logo can make people in HongKong feel the branding is representative due to the fact that it is their first language, it is true that not many branding only has Traditional Chinese in the logo, most of them also added with English because it is an international language. Due to this reason, I wanted to choose a popular and international branding to rebrand their logo in Traditional Chinese to make it more unique.
  Pringles is the best choice for me as I found it also sell in the UK, it is quite famous in HongKong. Therefore, I tried to rebrand the logo by using Traditional Chinese rather than English.

No comments:

Post a Comment